Who can play? Why play?
It's more than just a game. Its "sheer joy"
There's something about the game of baseball that lights up a child's eyes. It's an experience that every child deserves. But for children facing intellectual and /or physical disabilities, that opportunity can often be a difficult first step.
WHO can play?
We welcome ALL children (ages 5 - 22) with an intellectual and /or physical disability who have a current IEP and is not capable of playing is a traditional baseball program. We strive to be inclusive and commit to welcome all eligible players. We can't wait to see you playing ball on our "Field of Dreams"!
The Miracle League of High Point has come to realize that we not only serve children with special needs but also their parents and siblings. Caring for a child with a special needs demands total dedication and unconditional love from every member of the family.
The Children: Our players have come to benefit so richly from:
- Interaction with other children
- Positive attention they receive as a Miracle League "All Star"
- Relationships they establish with caring members of our extended community
- Encouraging the determination of their teammates and other players
The Families: The parents and siblings of our players experience:
- A rare opportunity to enjoy watching and cheering for their child as a member of an organized team
- Sitting with other parents sharing common stories and experiences who have "been there" and understand
- Knowing their child will be loved and accepted just the way they are